Child Safety Background Check
How to obtain a PA Act 33 – Child Abuse History Clearance
In order to obtain your clearance, complete the online electronic application. To do so, you must first create a Keystone Key account and then submit an application. Applications are processed in approximately 14 days. The fee is $10.
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- Click “Create Individual Account.”
- Read and click “Next.” Follow the instructions for creating a new account.
- Copy the temporary password sent to your email.
- Return to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- Click “Individual Login,” then “Access My Clearances.”
- Log in with your temporary password and follow instructions to create a permanent password.
- Log in again with your permanent password.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions, then click “Next.”
- After reading the “Learn More” information, click “Continue.”
- Click “Create Clearance Application” and complete the form.
- Submit the application.
If you prefer to submit an application by mail, you can download the application (CY113) here. Follow the instructions on the form.
The clearance certification may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Rachel Carson Ecovillage, P.O. Box 90222, Pittsburgh PA 15224.